Faculty members may choose to place items on reserve for student use. Students can request reserve books at the Main Desk. The standard policy requires students to surrender a form of collateral such as their Mount IDs in order to check out the items. Items on closed reserve are on loan for two hours and cannot leave the library. Ask either the student workers at the Main Desk or the library staff for assistance with Course Reserve items.
Articles provide scholarly information on specific topics and can be found by searching in the library catalog or one of our databases. When searching for articles, we recommend that you select peer-reviewed articles. Peer-review means that the article has gone through a rigorous editorial review process before being accepted for publication. Peer-reviewed articles are trusted sources to use for your research. You can use the filter on the left-side of the search results page in the catalog to limit your results to just peer-reviewed articles.
The library has a large collection of eBooks through EBSCO. The below video provides an overview on using EBSCO eBooks.
The library has over 150 databases. Each database is discipline-specific and can help you focus your search. Popular databases include JSTOR, Business Search Premier, Opposing Viewpoints in Context, and many more. You can access our databases here: Library Databases. Not sure which database is best for your research? Ask a Librarian!
All of our electronic resources can be accessed from off-campus. When you click onto a resource from off-campus, you will be prompted with the Microsoft Single Sign-On screen and asked to log in with your university email address and password. If you are already logged into another university system, like your email or Canvas, you will not be prompted to log in again.
Follow these steps to print from your personal computer/device:
1. Use MSMwireless wifi for your internet connection
2. Go to https://printquota.msmary.edu
3. Enter your MOUNT username and password (same as your email)
4. Go to the Web Print tab on the left side
5. Click Submit a Job, located to the right
6. Select a library printer. Choose either: mountprinthp\LibCirc_HP (.05 cents black & white) or mountprinthp\LibraryColor_50cent (.50 cents color)
7. Scroll down the screen and click step 2, Print Options and Account Selection
8. Enter the number of copies you would like
9. Click step 3, Upload a Document
10. Click Upload and Complete to submit your document for printing
11. Go to the front desk and have your paper released
Note: You cannot print double-sided when using the print portal
The library has two public use scanners. One is located on the main floor across from the main desk. The second is located on the second floor in the Catholic Studies Room. You can use the scanners to scan documents, books, or print periodicals. When you are finished scanning, you can email the documents to yourself. Tutorials on using the scanner can be found on the scanner's main menu. If you have any questions, please come to the library's main desk for assistance.